Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Unthinkable

I went to the co-op yesterday. I bought some tempeh, sprouted wheat tortillas, and some Annie's MacnCheese for lunch as a treat for myself. I left some business cards (hopefully someone will contact me!) and felt pretty dang good about our adventure out.

But then... tragedy struck. I realized that I had no milk at home to make my mac, and I didn't really want to stop again for milk.

I was devastated.

Until I realized that I did have something I could use in my fridge. So I did the unthinkable.

I made mac and cheese with breastmilk. And I ate it. And it was delicious.

Couldn't even tell the difference. HA!

I know what you're thinking. "You won't even eat red meat! And you ate your own breastmilk?!"

Yes, yes I did. And I'd do it again if I had to - probably not just for fun... but it was perfectly healthy and did the trick. So remember dear readers, not to fear the breastmilk - it can be a lifesaver (or lunch-saver). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment